My experience covers writing, photography and web design. Please contact me if you are interested in discussing commissions or other work.
Working as a freelance writer, I have written for a number of magazines and websites. Most articles also feature my original photography.
- Articles on WWOOFing and Collaborative Consumption for Pretty Nostalgic magazine
- An article on Tiny Homes, and two upcoming features on Vancouver Island/The Gulf Islands for The Ernest Journal
- A number of articles about farming and alternative living for Over Grow The System
- A series of 10 features on local farmers for the Kootenay Food website
- The content for the Nelson at its Best website, and most of the photography
- Press releases, and all web and print content for the 2015 Farm Food Fork conference
In addition, I work as a freelance web designer. I specialise in simple and affordable websites for small businesses, including offering services in content writing and editing, and photography.
- White Crow Farm - website redesign, content editing and photography
- Trillium School of Dance - website design, some content
- Slocan Valley Clay - website design, some content
- Motties - website development, content editing
- Alpaca Sol - website maintenance, some photography
- Bristol Soup - website design
"It was a dream to have Steph's help on my website. Her expertise covers such a broad range of skills that I knew I could trust her with all aspects of the site, from techy stuff to cover-writing and visuals." -- Alexa Mottram, Motties
"I have had the pleasure of working with Steph on a number of projects, contracting her writing and photography services. I am always thrilled with her ability to hone in on our distinct needs, and meet sometimes challengingly tight deadlines. Steph is a creative problem solver who has played a key roll in developing amazing projects for our community. I would recommend her services over and over again." -- Shauna Fidler, Kootenay Food, rbrand media